Palm Jaggery is unrefined and does not contain any synthetic additives and preservatives. Palm jaggery is made naturally from the sap of the palm tree. Sap transformed into a semisolid or a solid crystalline mass ready to use is called palm jaggery. It is used as a sweetening agent for the preparation of dishes, desserts, and is superior to cane jaggery. It is a rich source of minerals and vitamins.
Palm jaggery is the most beneficial and nutrient-rich variety of raw jaggery. A rich source of iron and several other nutrients like magnesium, potassium, and calcium, palm jaggery is not your usual cup of sucrose. It’s a perfect sweetener devoid of any artificial substances and full of natural nutrients. Palm jaggery is rich in iron. Its regular consumption increases hemoglobin level and treats anemia. Magnesium, on the other hand, regulates the nervous system. The high antioxidant content of this natural sweetener helps to protect body cells from damages caused by free radicals. It is equally rich in calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
Advantages of Palm Jaggery
- Good source of minerals like calcium, phosphorous, and iron.
- The liberal vitamin content makes jaggery a superior class of natural sweeteners.
- It acts as a blood-purifying agent.
- It is classified as an energy food that regulates body functions.
- Restores Healthy digestion.
- Relieve many common ailments.